Receiving water deliveries

If you represent a municipal water provider, are an industrial water user, or are a land developer who needs an additional source of renewable water, long-term storage credits from Gila River Water Storage can meet your needs.

The first step in the process is to contact Gila River Water Storage, discuss your specific situation, and let us help you find a solution.

Once the credit purchase is arranged, you will need to arrange for recovery or for trading the credits with a third party.

GRWS credits have been stored with recovery in mind. Water has been banked in areas expected to need renewable supplies and, in many cases, in areas with existing infrastructure for recovery and delivery.

If you'll be recovering the credits from a well you own or are leasing, you will need a Recovery Well Permit from the Arizona Department of Water Resources.

The processing time for permitting an existing well for recovery can be up to six months, but this is only an estimate.

Contact ADWR for more information about the Recovery Well Permit process.